More than half the world has celebrated the New Year and some of the world is still enjoying the last few moments in 2015. I wanted to share my lovely holiday look for you to enjoy in the final few days of holidays and parties after a bunch of my friends asked me how I did it.
I started out by using the MAC foundation on my face. Use any primer before using the foundation if you wish. Using a ball headed brush I drew a line of the Nars bronzer from the tips of my lips to my ears just under my cheekbones on both sides of my face. I also used some on either sides of my nose and on the corners of my forehead touching my hairline. Then I used the Becca highlighter on my nose from the bridge running down the centre, under my eye, on my chin and upper lip. Then using the same brush I blended it all in. Then I topped it off with my MAC powder creating a nice smooth finish.
Now I’m ready for the fun part, my eyes! The Urban Decay Smoked palette comes with a booklet that gives you instructions to various eye looks. I took most of my inspiration from here.
- Apply the Urban Decay primer all over your upper eyelid.
- Using a flat brush, apply Freestyle all over your eyelid going up to the brow.
- Then use Kinky to highlight the brow bone blending it down into Freestyle.
- Apply Perversion along your upper and lower eyelid. Take a cotton bud and smudge it.
- Now take the brush and sweep Evidence across the upper and lower eyelid blending it into perversion.
- Apply Evidence across the entire eyelid blending it into Freestyle.
- Now apply Black out from outer edge of eyelid in the crease.
- Reapply Evidence over the upper eyelid and then sweep Space Cowboy over it.
- Use perversion to line the upper and lower eyelid again touching at either eye corners.
- Use Kat Von D to line the upper eyelid creating a winged look.
- Use YSL Mascara for the lashes.
- Use Nars Eyebrow pencil to shape your brows.
Now apply Bite in Kir Royale to your lips. Finish off with a light pink blush.
For my hair, I did a deep side part and then pulled my hair back into a low bun and used pins to hold it in place.
There you have it, my holiday look!
Shop the Look