This weekend we are taking a mini vacation in Seattle. This is the first time I have been to Seattle and besides the rain being a damper, the city is beautiful. I had a couple of fall looks planned but had to switch it up a little to adjust for the cool rain and strong winds. Here are 6 rainy fall day outfit tips that I hope will help you!
Cold rain is no fun, I honestly prefer snow! But it was raining, it was cold and it was really windy so I had to adapt. I have a couple of tips for when you find yourself in this situation!
When it’s windy I always ditch the dress or the skirt! I mean why take all the trouble trying to hold it down and prevent putting your behind on public display! The easy option is to wear pants. Not only do they keep you warm but they are so much easier and need no maintenance at all! Pick a nice fall color so that your look still feels very in season 🙂
Dark Boots Are a Must
A rainy fall day outfit needs a pair of boots! Rain boots are definitely a no brainer, perhaps a pair of Hunter Wellington’s. However, when you don’t have that on you a pair of leather boots will do the trick. I like boots because they keep my feet away from the dirty rain water. Dark boots are even better because you can’t really tell if they get a tad bit dirty or wet! Always make sure to come back and properly dry them and they will be good to go!
Layering up is a definite must! Try to go with lighter layers that will dry quickly. I would also suggest dark colors for the outer layer so that you can’t tell if you get a bit wet. Pick a nice fall color or pattern for the inner shirt to keep the fall vibe going!
Carry a Raincoat (duh!)
This is a no brainer. Well you would think so but it never occurs to me to carry one! We took an umbrella and immediately regretted it! I thought I was going to take off like Mary Poppins when the wind gusted! So raincoat is a definite must for your rainy fall day outfit.
Wear Almost No Make Up
Wearing make up in the rain can land you looking like a raccoon! You can avoid that by going fairly bare-faced and if you must use something make sure it’s waterproof! I decided to wear a little moisturizer and put on some Mac prep and BB powder. I also went for a waterproof eyeliner and mascara. This way the rain would do my look no harm 🙂
Tie Up the Tresses
Windy days and long hair will never be best friends! That is the way I feel at least. I really don’t like my hair blowing around getting tangled up to a point of no return! So tie it up or pull it into a bun. This will keep your hair in place and out of your face. It will also ensure it doesn’t get too wet since it’s neatly tucked away, especially if you bun it up.
I really hope these rainy fall day outfit tips help you when you visit Seattle or even London (I hear it rains there all the time!). I must say though, besides the rain I loved the city. It had great food and amazing views!
Shop the Look
This post is featured in IFB
Links à la Mode, October 13th
- Al-Balsam Life: Balsam Style Pics: The Ultimate Guide on What to Wear this Season
- Attire Club: Fashion and Technology: Making it in the Mainstream?
- Cammeo Head to Toe: Adventures in Shopping: Old Town Tomball
- Distinguished Diva: Favourite Fall Lipsticks with Mac Cosmetics, Kiko Milano and Seventeen
- Everyday Starlet: The Best Lip Plumpers for Fuller Lips
- Fancier’s World: Transitional Layering for Fall with Colorblock Asymmetrical Dress
- Finite1: A Fall Fashion Look on a Budget
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: 6 Rainy Fall Day Outfit Tips
- Joyfully Styled: How to Wear a Sweater Dress with Boots
- Layer of Chic: The Ultimate Velvet Boots Shopping Guide at Every Price Point
- Life in the Fash Lane: Minimal Fall Wardrobe Ideas
- Love. Laugh. Explore.: What We Can Learn from Kim Kardashian’s Robbery
- Modavracha: African Luxury Fashion: Handmade Accessories
- Mon-Chic Style: How to Style a Summer Romper for Fall
- Pudding Monster: Enjoy Your Flight
- Sweet Tea Salvage: TokyoMilk/Dark Eau de Parfum Review
- The Curious Portafoglio: Faces at Afropunk
- The Fashion Panache: Semi Formal Look – Alexa Chung Victorian Blouse
- The Wanderbliss: Transition
- We Are Ready Made: Rene Gurskov
Sign up for free