A Summer Dress is honestly not that hard to pick. But what if you are shopping online or are in a hurry and just want to make sure you have the key elements down to make your decision simpler? So I have broken it down for you 🙂
Material – Cotton
There is honestly nothing better than pure cotton when it comes to the fabric of your summer dress. Cotton is so light and breathable that it keeps you feeling cool all day long. So if you are thinking about buying a summer dress then cotton should be your go to fabric especially if it’s a day dress.
Style – Flowy
I love love flowy summer dresses. The best part about a flowy summer dress is that you can style it in different ways. You could put a belt and make it fitted or you could leave it flowy and comfortable.
Print & Color – Florals & Light Colors
Summer florals are by far the most popular. However this season gingham has also been a big hit! When it comes to colors try picking out lighter shades – whites, pinks, light blue, yellow etc. Lighter colors keep you cool and look fabulous reflecting the sun!
Neckline – Off Shoulders
Off shoulder styles are everywhere! Summer is a great time to get a lovely tan and this could be one of the best ways to get a fabulous collar-bone tan 🙂 I also personally like off shoulder styles, they are cute with a hint of sexy.
Length – Up to you!
This one is really up to you. You can go short or long! I usually like short dresses but that’s because I am tiny and love showing off my legs when I get the chance 🙂
Styling It – Flats + Crossbody + Hat + Earrings that pop!
It took me a very long time to accept that I wasn’t growing any more 😉 I say that because I have finally accepted it’s ok to wear flats even if you’re short. Summer days are about comfort and fun. Wear items that allow you to walk as much as you like and have fun! The best shoes for that are flats or something with a teeny tiny wedge heel. Want to carry your little items with you? Then a crossbody is the way to go! Don’t forget a hat to protect you from the sun. My fav tip of all is a pair of fabulously colorful and fun earrings to finish your look!
If you want more summer tips then check out this post as well!
I hope these tips help you pick out some fab dresses!
Shop the Looks
This post is featured in IFB
Links à la Mode, August 3rd
- Adorned in Armor: Reclaiming My Time
- Aesthetic Distance: Real Talk: When You Are A Jack Of All Trades, You Are A Master Of SOME
- Away from the Blue: Outfits for Expressing Breastmilk at Work: Pumping Friendly Dresses
- Eyes on Style TO: Floral Shorts and Mid-Length Vests
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Summer Dress Essentials
- Green Acres Meets Paris: Patricia Nash Designs “Enjoying the Moment” in Knoxville
- Girl in Betsey: How to Date in the Digital Era
- Hampton Roads Fashion and Style: Maternity Style | Lace Midi Dress
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: An Ever Elusive Dress
- Jessica Sheppard: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Life in the Fash Lane: Re-Purposed Maxi
- Modernly Michelle: What to Wear to Summer Time Brunch
- Sifa’s Corner: 5 Fashion Tips That Will Never Go Out of Style
- Tales of Two: Manly to Spit Walk – Exploring Sydney’s Isolated Beaches
- T and Tour: My Mykonos Travel Guide
- The Chic Machine: 6 Pieces to Include in Your Anti Capsule Wardrobe
Did you enjoy reading this post?
Then Subscribe to My Blog via Email in the sidebar. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin to get all my blog post updates, travelgrams and outfit previews. Don’t forget to register to LIKEtoKNOW.it so that you can shop my outfits. You can also shop my looks from my Shopstyle Shop, be sure to like items you have your eye on to get sale alerts! Happy Shopping <3