I have to admit that when I saw the nomination for the Liebster Award I had no idea what it was. But after doing my research I saw that it’s a great way for your readers to get to know you, for new blogs to get discovered and for all bloggers to grow a community and support each other.
I would like to thank Mahak Saluja of https://incrediblethoughtsandideas.wordpress.com for nominating me! I loved reading your blog and admire your flair for writing.
I am so excited to be nominated and as part of accepting the nomination I have to do a couple of things. So here goes.
10 facts about myself
- My birthday day is April 9th.
- I am 31 years young 😀
- My all time favorite musical is The Sound of Music
- I have lived in 6 different cities spanning 3 continents
- My favorite color is red
- I love to cook and am a big foodie
- I love shopping
- I am an IT consultant and I love it!
- I love traveling
- I am mortified of reptiles
Answers to the 11 questions
Now here are my answers to the 11 questions Mahak has asked all her nominees to answer:
What is your dream summer vacation?
Canary Islands and Phuket would be my 2 dream summer vacations.
Describe yourself in one word.
What inspired you to create a blog?
I have always been a shopaholic. One day a good friend of mine and I were talking about her boutique. She was talking about how she loved going through magazines and looking at outfits that inspired her. Then all of sudden she looked at me and said, you should start a blog, I love your outfits! That’s what did it for me!
If given a chance to be invisible, what would you do?
I would want to be present at diplomatic meetings with presidents and prime ministers trying to understand how life changing decisions get made for a country.
Where do you see yourself in next 10 years?
Being happy, healthy, successful and still loving every sec life has to offer!
Is there any dream still left to be fulfilled? What is it?
I have always dreamt big and that’s why I also have many dreams that are still left to be fulfilled. Just to mention a few – I want to visit every continent in the world, visit all the seven wonders, start my own boutique and design apparel.
Do you believe in luck? Why or why not?
No! You make your own luck through hard work and dedication!
Your biggest obsession?
Shoes and Bags!
What do you hate the most?
Which cartoon character would you choose to describe your personality?
Pocahantas. She is fiercely independent and not afraid of challenges.
Who is the best author in your opinion and why?
It’s very difficult to pick one. It really depends on my mood. I usually like to read autobiographies too!
Here are the blogs I nominate:
11 questions for my nominees to answer
- What is your proudest moment?
- Who do you think is your celebrity lookalike?
- If you could change one thing, what would it be?
- Which is your favorite restaurant?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your best personality trait?
- Which movie best describes your life thus far?
- What is your hobby?
- Describe your personal style in one word.
- Who is the one person you admire most, and why?
Here are the rules for being nominated. I have collected them from these 2 blogs – http://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/ & http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget or a gadget. The globalaussie has plenty of images for the award
- I have answered 11 questions posed to the nominees by the person that nominated me. Similarly type up 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award. Usually blogs that have less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little more!