Are you under 5 ft 4? Ever wonder what your wardrobe could be missing and should probably have? Then this post is for you! I have compiled a list of 8 wardrobe essentials every petite girl needs in her life!
Petite girls always need those extra inches! A nude pair of heels provides you more than just some! The nude color adds length to your legs by providing a continuous line between the shoe and your legs. Making your legs look longer!
I personally love skinny jeans. But I like them even better for the simple reason that they make me look taller! When a pair of skinny jeans sits on my waist or even just below, because they are fitting, they make my legs appear slender and longer!
Now I am not saying that other dress styles are bad, but if you want your petite frame to appear longer than it is then this style dress does the trick! Since the fabric clings to your body it creates an up down line making you look taller.
This one is a no brainer, want to make your legs look long then wear a cute pair of shorts. Pick a dressy pair of a night out. Want to add even more inches, pair it with a pair of heels!
Accentuating your waist elongates your legs. Always wear an accessory around your waist so as to define it. A belt or a scarf are perfect for this!
Pencil Skirt (just above knee)
The pencil skirt, a great piece to own for work and play! The best part is that this skirt is perfect for us petite girls. It’s fitting which is always good, it elongates our legs and it looks classy! We should pick a pencil skirt that ends at the knee or slightly above, this also helps with the elongation effect.
Well Fitted Blazer
Another great wardrobe staple for work. The key to buying a good blazer for your petite frame is to make sure its fitted and not too long. It should end right below the natural waist. I love to roll up my sleeves as it makes me feel like the blazer isn’t drowning me, but that’s my comfort. So go buy a great blazer today!
Vertical Striped Items
Vertical stripes also provide the beautiful clean up down line that helps provide the illusion of height. Any piece of clothing with vertical stripes is a ok! On the same note, try avoiding horizontal stripes as this could make you look shorter!
So there you have it, 8 wardrobe essentials for your petite closet!
This post is featured in IFB
Links à la Mode, April 27th
- Aesthetic Distance: Why Is It So Important To Support The Arts Right Now?
- April Was Here: Motherhood in the Blogosphere
- Elements of Ellis: Rainy Spring Day + Giveaway
- Fashionista Momma: The Weekly Style Edit: Blush Pants
- Fashion Tales: App Access – Take Five
- Finite 1: 2 Ways To Wear The Cutest Pink Gingham Print Top
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: 8 Petite Girl Wardrobe Essentials
- Green Acres Meet Paris: Links I Love
- Gutterfashion: Thrifted: Being Trans in 2017
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: The Most Chic Off-the-Shoulder Tops
- I’m a Norbyah: Corset Style
- Joyfully Styled: 6 Wardrobe Essentials You Need to Own
- Katie Kinsley: Friday Five
- Kychic: My Favorite Victoria Beckham x Target Look
- Lillyrose by Juliet Ly: The Bleaching Process: Going from Virgin Asian Hair to Ash Blonde
- Live Laugh Explore: Where to Take Your Engagement Photos
- Say Curls: Millennial Pink is Everything
- Tales of Two: Journey to Personal Growth without Travel
- The Fashion Dryrun: Ways to Wear Your Brooch Pin Set
- What’s for Dinner Esq: Style: A Day at the Museum with Sonnet James
Did you enjoy reading this post?
Then Subscribe to My Blog via Email in the sidebar. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin to get all my blog post updates, travelgrams and outfit previews. Don’t forget to register to LIKEtoKNOW.it so that you can shop my outfits. You can also shop my looks from my Shopstyle Shop, be sure to like items you have your eye on to get sale alerts! Happy Shopping <3